Rigid Core Flooring, Commercial Rubber Flooring, Sports & Multi-Functional Commercial Flooring, Electrostatic Dissipative Floor, Slip Retardant Flooring, Eco Flooring, and Cork, Upper Deck has great alternatives to the more traditional flooring options.
Rubber to Cork
Other Types of Flooring
Rigid Core Flooring
Rigid core flooring features maximum durability and award-winning design for luxury flooring at its toughest and most beautiful — a perfect combination for active, style savvy homes and businesses.
Rigid core flooring is a great choice for consumers who want flooring that looks as realistic as possible while providing protection from dents, water, scratches and stains - the challenges of life that floors face daily. As you explore our rigid core options, here are a few things it may be helpful to know.
Rigid core floors have gorgeous designs that you're going to want to enjoy for life. The award-winning designs feature:
- Highly realistic detail resembling natural hardwood
- Traditional and on-trend styles: rustic, reclaimed, brushed wood looks
- Multi-width and single-width planks
- Embossed texture, for added realism
- Micro-beveled edges
- 100% waterproof — when exposed to water planks will not swell, buckle or lose integrity
- Ultimate dent resistance through and through
- Scratch and stain resistant
- Comfortable and quiet
- No transition strips needed
- Beautiful and versatile enough to enjoy in every room of the house, even kitchens, baths and laundry rooms
Commercial Rubber Flooring
The rubber revolution is a case study in balanced choice. Universally embraced for its practical beauty, rubber flooring balances function with aesthetics, safety with efficiency and short-term cost with lifetime return.
Our new rubber tile collection has something for everyone and every style. A rich new array of colors, patterns and textures which includes marbleized and speckled patterns as well as solids in a myriad of colours, textures and multitude of shapes with unlimited custom colours!
People are happiest when they feel safe and comfortable. Rubber flooring is naturally slip resistant. It has shock absorbing qualities. And natural acoustic properties. It’s a sustainable product, with a long life cycle and low maintenance requirement.
Over time, rubber flooring offers greater resource efficiency than many other materials. The fact that it reduces the impact on the environment helps increase the satisfaction level all the way down the line.
Part of an integrated system of finishing borders (wall base), accessories and stair treads, rubber flooring balances function with aesthetics. And works right along with linoleum, vinyl and specialty flooring to create spaces that work individually to keep people happiest, yet flows together to function as a whole.
Sports & Multi-Functional Commercial Flooring
The first principle of a balanced choice tells us that people who live, play, learn and heal in balanced environments are happier and more productive. It's all about achieving the right balance of function and aesthetics, even when that means incorporating many activities into one space. Today, multi-functionality rules. The locker room may be connected to the weight room, which is down the hall from the community room, which is also the cafeteria. Every element must serve a specific or several functions, as well as tie into the overall space design.
Our system includes a wide range of multi-functional and sports flooring. They're designed to work for all kinds of people performing all kinds of activities. Choose from an array of colors, patterns, textures and thicknesses. The look of wood. Or create your own speckled or Prima marbleized rubber. We even make tiles that lock together easily without adhesive.
Best of all, it's just one part of an entire system of commercial flooring, finishing borders (wall base) and accessories. Start with the right combination of multi-functional and sports flooring. Choose skate-resistant flooring for the rink, cushioned sports flooring for the workout room and a wood pattern for the gym. Then, add flooring solutions in areas where physical demands are not so critical, so you never pay for more performance than you need. Tie it all together with coordinating finishing borders (wall base) and finish it off with the right accessories. It's all part of our bigger game plan.
Electrostatic Dissipative Floor
Upper Deck is your partner in creating Electrostatic Dissipative (ESD) commercial space solutions to protect sensitive equipment. Our exclusive 4-part system fulfills your specialized requirements from installation through maintenance, to prevent electrostatic discharge year after year.
Reasons to Specify Static Control Flooring
- Dissipates static to increase safety and prevent damage to expensive equipment
- Provides a continuous static dissipative surface throughout the space – tile-to-tile connectivity
- Single source for your ESD needs – exclusive 4-part system includes SDT product construction/wear layer, copper grounding strips, SDT adhesive and static dissipative polish
- True through-pattern, through-color provides even wear and a consistent appearance
- Withstands heavy foot and rolling load
Applications For ESD Flooring
- Computer training rooms
- Data warehousing
- Electronic testing labs
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Hyperbaric spaces in healthcare settings
Slip Retardant Flooring
Safety Zone Sheet – enhanced traction and wear performance is designed for commercial areas that require an extra measure of safety, our slip retardant sheet flooring provides dynamic underfoot traction, activating when compressed to supply sure-grip texture underfoot with high stain resistance and an easy-to-clean surface.
Safety Zone Tile – is a modular commercial flooring option featuring an embossed surface embedded with proprietary particles for exceptional slip-retardant performance, with colors and patterns that provide hiding power against scuffs, scratches and abrasion.
Reasons to Use Slip Retardant Flooring
- Dynamic underfoot safety – aluminum oxide, quartz, and silicon carbide minerals provide a slip-retardant surface
- Through-traction/pattern and through-color provide even wear and consistent appearance for the life of the floor
- Easy to clean with minimal operational disruption – no sealing, buffing, stripping, polishing or restorative maintenance required
- Wear layer resists stains, chemicals and damage from alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Colors coordinate with our Homogeneous, Heterogeneous, and Linoleum sheet products to provide design flexibility and inclusion or Slip-Retardant Flooring in areas when enhanced traction is desired
Added benefits of using Safety Zone Tile
- Enhanced traction using an embossed surface embedded with proprietary particles
- Modular flexibility assists in destination shopping, wayfinding and design interest
- Palette coordinates with Luxury Flooring and Vinyl Composition Tile for complimentary designs in adjacent spaces
- Withstands heavy foot and rolling load traffic
- Size and squareness remain constant
A High-Performance Alternative to PVC Tile Flooring. You can create beautiful and productive sustainable environments with our innovative bio-flooring, which continues to reinforce as a leader in advancing sustainability. Our modular bio-flooring products enhance both design quality and performance in all commercial settings where sustainable strategies are critical factors in your overall design vision.
Reasons to Specify Eco Flooring
- Bio-based alternative to PVC flooring
- Low-carbon footprint – main ingredient is 85% North American limestone locally quarried, further reducing the product’s carbon footprint
- Contains no Ortho-Phthalates or heavy metals
- Made with rapidly renewable material, U.S.-grown plant ingredients
- 40% pre-consumer recycled content, third-party certified
- Low VOC emissions
- Long life value, true through-pattern wear layer
- Withstands heavy foot traffic
Cork flooring is a great alternative to more traditional hardwood. It’s great for sound dampening, it doesn’t dent and it’s from a renewable source!
Cork is a viable alternative to traditional hardwood or laminate flooring. Cork Oak is found in a few Mediterranean countries and is actually harvested about once every 9 or 10 years with no harm done to the tree itself. The harvesting of the cork doesn’t require cutting down any trees and for this reason it is a wonderful renewable resource.
Cork floors have been known to be very resilient and last for more than 50 years in even the most heavily tracked areas. Cork flooring is gaining in popularity because of its resilience and durability.
Cork flooring is extremely resilient to wear due to its internal cellular structure. Cork is almost 90% gaseous matter allowing it to recover very quickly from moving furniture or heavy traffic.
When cork is pressured the gas in its tissue escapes, giving it a spectacularly comfortable feel as you walk upon it. Its “bounce-back” nature also reduces the indentations, much more so than carpet or wood floors. Cork flooring also insulates much more than basic hardwoods because of its air-filled nature and its shape.
Again, due to its porous nature your cork flooring will also be much quieter as your children or grandchildren run about your home. Cork flooring is very easy to maintain and is hypoallergenic. It will contribute to the air quality in your home because it will not absorb dust and dirt particles and it sweeps wonderfully smooth as well.